Membership in LES China, Hong Kong Sub-Chapter is open to all persons who are resident in Hong Kong and have an interest in the commercialization of intellectual property rights.
Membership is also open to residents of other countries, for example in the case where there is no local society, or members of other LES societies who would like to participate in activities organized for Hong Kong members.
Applications for membership are considered by the Council of the Hong Kong Sub-Chapter, which will make recommendation for admission to the Board of LES China. Persons admitted as a member automatically become a member of both LES China and of the Hong Kong Sub-Chapter, and can participate in activities organized by both societies.
Please note that there may be a delay of a few weeks between making an application for membership and being notified of acceptance.
An application for membership must be accompanied by a fully completed application form and the required payment, to be sent to the Treasurer of the Hong Kong Sub-Chapter.
Persons who are suitable for membership include (but are not restricted to) the following:
• licensing and technology transfer consultants,
• industrial employees involved in acquiring or selling corporate technology,
• proprietors and managers of intellectual property-based companies,
• Officials in public and territory education departments dealing with intellectual property matters,
• agents for character merchandising and other intellectual property rights,
• patent and trade mark attorneys,
• solicitors and barristers practising in intellectual property,
• accountants involved in the valuation of intellectual property,
• intellectual property information consultants.
As a member you will benefit from the following:
1. The Society provides a unique opportunity to meet and share experiences with people from a wide range of backgrounds, all with a common interest in licensing.
2. You will receive:
(a) news about activities of LES China and of the Hong Kong Sub-Chapter, posted on the Hong Kong Sub-Chapter website,
(b) the quarterly journal of LES International – Les Nouvelles, the International Directory of worldwide members of LES societies,
(c) a VIP discount of 10% at the Design Gallery of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council,
(d) a Certificate of Attendance for attending seminars which carry CPD points.
3. You will be able to attend (typically at a discounted rate):
(a) meetings and seminars of LES China and of the Hong Kong Sub-Chapter.
(b) meetings organized by other LES societies in other countries, and also the annual International Conference organized by LES International.
(c) FREE webinars organized by other LES societies if available.
(d) speakers’ luncheons which are exclusive to members only.
4. You will have access to specialist licensing publications produced by various LES societies and LES International.
The membership fee for the full fiscal term from 1st January 2022 up to 31st December 2022 is HK$700.00, subject to adjustment without prior notice.
Become a member